Effective Date: February 1, 2012
FamLoop is a private social network for families to stay connected and share content and information with each other. Our Service also allows parents to keep track of their childrenís activities on mobile devices that the parent has added to his or her FamLoop account.
We do not collect personal information from any child under 13 unless the childís parent first subscribes to our Service, and then adds his or her child to their account. Before the child can participate in the FamLoop network, we obtain verifiable parental consent from the childís parent or legal guardian.
I. About COPPA
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (ďCOPPAĒ) requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. Under COPPA, we also are required to obtain parental consent before we collect personal information from children under the age of 13. For more information about COPPA, click here.
In this policy, we use the following terms:
ďParentĒ includes legal guardians.
ďChildĒ means a child that is under the age of 13.
ďPersonal informationĒ means individually identifiable information about a child that is collected online, such as first and last name, a home address, an e-mail address, a telephone number, a SSN, or any information collected from an individual and combined with such identifying information.
II. Scope of this Policy
This Policy describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about children under 13 years old, within the FamLoop.com network and its services and applications (collectively, the ďServiceĒ).
BY USING OR ACCESSING OUR SITE OR SERVICE, OR BY PERMITTING YOUR CHILD TO USE OR ACCESS OUR SERVICE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
III. About Us
The FamLoop Service is owned and operated by:
Phone: +852 34278265
Address: Unit 509, 5/F, Bldg 6, Phase 1, No.2, Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong
We offer members, including child members, the ability to participate in social networking activities with their extended families including the following:
1. Content Sharing
2. Photo / Video Sharing
3. Game Playing
The Service is available to children under the age of 13 only with parental consent; while the Service is intended for parents, children and other family members alike, it is intended to be used by children under the age of 13 only with significant parental involvement and approval.
Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to use the Service without a parent’s permission. Children under the age of 13 also may not subscribe to the Service, or create their own account. Parents must add a child to their account to permit the child to participate in the Service.
IV. Parental Consent
We use reasonable efforts to ensure that before we collect any personal information from a child, the childís parent receives notice of and consents to our information practices. As a parent, you should know that through the Service, children under the age of 13 may participate in activities that involve the collection or use of personal information. However, children may not participate in any activities through the Service without a parentís permission.
If your child is under age 13, we must have Ēverifiable parental consentĒ before your child may participate in the Service. We require that a parent provide consent prior to adding their child to their account, and then permitting the child to participate in the Service by completing a high-level verification process.
Parents can provide verifiable consent by calling 1-888-223-1365 and verbally consenting their childís participation in FamLoop, or by printing this form http://famloop.wpengine.com/coppa/FamLoop-Parental-Consent-Form.pdf and returning it to us. Once a parent has provided us with verifiable consent, he or she will be able to add a child to his or her own account. The childís profile will be associated with the parentís account and the parent will have full access to and control over the childís participation and sharing of information.
V. Types of Personal Information We Collect From Children Under 13 and How We Use It
Information We Collect Directly
Upon verification, a parent must log in to his/her account and enter the childís name, date of birth and gender to create a profile for the child. We may also collect additional information about a child directly from the child or the childís parent, depending upon the activity in which the child is participating. A childís participation in activities through our Service is not conditioned on the child providing any more personal information than is reasonably necessary for participating in the activities.
Information We Collect Passively
We may also passively collect information on usage patterns or through content that members, including child members, post on our Service. For example, we may collect certain non-personal information from all visitors to our site, such as IP address, the date and time of visit, time spent on the site, the type of browser used (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system used (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), the ISP from which the visitor receives Internet access, and aggregate information regarding what pages users of the site access or visit. We also collect information about a childís activities on a mobile device, and share this information with the childís parents and other family members whom the parent has invited to join their FamLoop network. The information we collect passively may be combined with the personal information we collect from users.
Content Posted to or Sent Through Site
Please note that by their very nature our interactive services allow children to disclose information, including personal information (such as their real names, addresses or phone numbers), about themselves or others. We strive to prevent children from disclosing personal information through our products and services. However, we do not review any content before it is posted and cannot guarantee that we will find and remove all inappropriate content that has been posted to our Site.
We allow parents to control who may view the information their child posts or shares by controlling who is added to the parentsí FamLoop network. Parents will also receive e-mail notifications about their childrenís activities.
These methods are not foolproof, and children may nevertheless still disclose personal information. Parents should advise their children not to share any personally identifiable or contact information online and should closely monitor their childrenís use of the Site.
VI. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect From Children Under 13
We use the information we collect about children under 13 for the following purposes:
1. to provide the Service and website
2. to send parents and others in a parentís FamLoop network information on a childís activities
3. to obtain verifiable parental consent
4. to respond to request or inquiries from parents, and for other customer-service related purposes
5. to enforce this Policy and or our Terms
6. to send emails to parents about information we think may interest them and to customize the information we send to parents, via email or otherwise
7. to improve the design, content and performance of our website and Service
8. to analyze usage and popularity of the Site and Service
9. to customize the content we display
Parents may request information from us on the type of data being collected, view their childís information, and, if they choose, prohibit us from further collecting or using of their childís information. For more information on how to do this, see the section below entitled ďHow To Review, Delete or Alter the Information Collected From Your Child.Ē
VII. To Whom We May Disclose the Personal Information We Collect From Children
We do not sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information about children under 13 with any third parties. We may, under certain circumstance, disclose personal information about children under 13 under the following circumstances:
– FamLoop Network. As noted above the information a child posts as well as information about their mobile device activities is shared with the childís parents as well as other family members that the parent has invited to join his or her FamLoop network.
– Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personally identifiable information and to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us.
– Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
– In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
– To Protect FamLoop and Others. We may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of our Terms or this Policy, or to protect FamLoop in litigation.
– Aggregate, Anonymous or De-Identified Information. We may also share aggregate or anonymized information about children with non-affiliated third parties for advertising, marketing or research purposes. For example, we may share demographic information about childrenís use of FamLoop-enabled apps with marketing partners and third party advertisers, which may be used to determine what types of advertising content to display. We do not share your childís personally identifiable information with any third parties for marketing, advertising or research purposes.
A parent can disable, delete or modify any of his or her childís information. For more information on how to do this, see the section below entitled ďHow To Review, Delete or Alter the Information Collected From Your Child.Ē
VIII. How To Review, Delete or Alter the Information Collected From Your Child
You can review your child’s personal information at any time. You may revoke consent to collect your childís personal information at any time. You can also have your child’s personal information deleted and refuse to permit further use of such information by us.
If you wish to view, delete or modify the information we have collected about your child or delete your childís account, you may do this by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. How We Protect Your Personal Information
FamLoop takes your privacy very seriously and employs commercially administrative, physical and electronic measures to safeguard your information from identity theft and unauthorized access. FamLoop has taken steps to ensure that personally identifiable information collected is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers as well as electronic security systems and password protections which guard against unauthorized access.
X. Third Party Links
At times, our Site or Service may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for your access to and use of such third party websites.
XI. Other Information Parentís Should Know
We only collect the personal information about your child that is necessary to provide our service. We will never condition a childís participation upon the disclosure of personal information, other than that which is necessary to provide our Service to you.
XII. Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. We will post a notice on this website if and when this policy changes to alert visitors that a new policy is in place. If we intend to use or disclose your childís personal information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you via email and obtain your consent to such changes.
XIII. How to Contact Us
You may contact us at email@example.com.